Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors

 Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors

On Sunday December 30, 2012 three people were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide exposure.

-The Cincinnati Enquirer-

Clifton Heights - Three People were taken to the hospital for evaluation early Saturday after Cincinnati fire officials said they were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide at an apartment building in the 100 block of Parker Street.

Firefighters were called to the building around 4am after receiving reports that several people were ill.

Eight occupants were standing outside the building suffering from various symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, fire officials said. High carbon monoxide levels were found inside the building, they said.

Information about the conditions of the three occupants were not immediately available.

Duke Energy and the Cincinnati Building Department were called in to seal off all gas appliances in the building. The tenants were not permitted back into their apartments, fire officials said.

-------

Cooper Electric's electrical service vans are stocked with combo Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors. Carbon monoxide is the #1 cause of accidental poisoning deaths in the US.  The small expense of having Cooper Electric install combo Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detector, while our electricians are in your home, is an efficient and proactive approach to detecting and combating harmful gases and fire hazards.

Call Cooper Electric today for more details on the combo smoke detectors we have available, and for other information about the options and models.

This entry was posted in Latest Blog Post. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.